Friday, June 29, 2012

Moves Like Jagger...

Yesterday, Sonny Boy had the earworm of the song "Moves Like Jagger" floating through his head.  Like his mom, he's only ever learned the hook and was singing it repeatedly through the house.  I'll give you a heads up, if your not familiar with the song don't look it up, the hook will stick in your brain for weeks.  Anyway I asked him if he even knew who Jagger was.  While anyone under the age of 30 probably doesn't really remember actually not knowing who Mick Jagger is, I suppose it's something we must teach our young.  We went on to have a nice conversation about the popularity of The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and even Frank Sinatra in comparison to their modern day counterpart of Justin Bieber.  Pretty interesting to discuss the evolution of music with an almost 9 year old.  I then of course found some "Stones" so he could at least have a clue as to their music.  I stopped short of actually showing him a picture of Mick Jagger as I'm pretty sure he'd never believe that Jagger made girls swoon - I can hardly believe that myself as I think has/had a pretty ugly mug even as a young man.


After supper, I was going down the steps beside the retaining wall in the yard to water plants, I stepped wrong and rolled my ankle.  I swore heartily and sat down and did my best not to cry.  I sat there a few minutes and the pain didn't seem to get any worse and I could wiggle my toes and bear weight on the foot so I figured I was O.K. and went about my business of garden hose dragging and praying for a decent rain.  After finishing my chores I came in and propped up the foot thinking it kind of hurt but no biggie.  The evening moved along however and I realized my ankle was hurting worse and by the time I went to bed I was in more than a little pain.  Taking a handful of ibuprofen I hobbled to bed and decided if it was still hurting in the morning I would go the doctor.  It still hurt this morning.
Now I'm sporting this nice little brace, and told to stay off of it.  Nice timing considering Mom is down south.  I just got a phone call from the x-ray reading and nothing is broken (personally I suspected - and might still one of the little bones of my foot) or dislocated but there is a large amount of swelling and it's possible that is hiding something.

I'm also more than a little embaressed to admit I was doing nothing dramatic to hurt my foot.  Who the heck sprains their ankle simply walking down steps?  I didn't even miss a step nor was I prancing around in platform sandals - just some really ugly old athletic sandals.

" I got the moves like Jagger" well at least present day Jagger, surely he's prone to dumb injury now days.

2 comments:

shaantio said...

Darn. I thought you would have a great story about hurting your foot dancing in tight jeans & platform shoes :)
Seriously, hope it gets better soon. Being *able* to do nothing is nice, but being *required* to do nothing can make me crazy!

Lin said...

Owie. Be sure to stay off it as much as possible so it heals. Otherwise, it takes FOREVER to get better. Hope you get well FAST!