Saturday, January 3, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Last night hubby asked if there were anymore major decisions we needed to think about this weekend. I couldn't think of any, but I think we have plenty on our plate right now. It seems that these things always seem to crop up at once so not only do you have one important decision to ponder on but three or four.

I won't go into details here, but I will say the least of the decisions and probably the easiest is if we should refinance our house. That's basic math and easy enough to figure out. The other two can effect lifelong relationships with others and we don't know which path is we should take. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we make the right decisions for everyone involved.

I moved a few things around on the blog, the slide show of the Ukraine trip is now down at the bottom of the page, I figured I could do away with the counter now and added a recent pic of Sonny Boy and Igor for the header. I'd like to redo the background but I'm having problems with some stuff so look forward to a change.

If you happen to be an adoptive parent from the Artemovsk Baby House there is a new Yahoo group started, check it out. If enough gather on it you might find pics of your child before he/she came home. We all know how much those pics are worth to us.

Igor's eating issues are still around and driving us nuts. I plan on calling Children's hospital and talking to somebody about what we can do. The feeding therapy through the 0-3 program certainly helped but I think we have tapped their knowledge of the situation. Igor has gone from eating mostly pureed foods and will eat most table foods now. He can now chew and chew and chew and chew and chew but swallowing is not his forte at all. Meal times are similar to watching a cow chew her cud. That's when we spoon feed him, if we just put food in front of him he might eat two bites and not eat anything else at the meal. We know he has to be hungry as we are not a big snack family and he hasn't had food since the last meal. Our persistence is paying off though, I checked his weight on the growth chart the other day and he's over the 15% percent so we are making progress, he was less than 3% when he came home. It simply gets to be more than we can take sitting in front of him for at least 30 min, sometimes an hour at every meal to get a reasonable amount of food to go down and that is usually a battle. If anyone has a suggestion let me know, I'm willing to try most anything now. I really don't think letting him be hungry is an option since a few days ago he refused breakfast and lunch, had no snack but still had to be cajoled into eating supper even though he was begging food as supper was being cooked. There is some disconnect between his hunger and his ability or sensory perception of food.

Monday starts the normal routine again, Sonny Boy will be back at school, Igor will be back to his little speech therapy class and hopefully hubby's work schedule will land into a somewhat normal pattern (or normal for his job). Hopefully the worst of the season's snow is over as it's now been over a week with without significant snowfall. The '08 calendar year was the second snowiest on record for this area. I'm too good a friend with the snow shovel, I think if you look back to last winter's post I was complaining the same thing.

Well I hope the new year is good for you.

No comments: