Thursday, September 3, 2015

You never know

Two posts in one day?  I'm disturbed and need to get it off my mind I suppose.

Doing my chores today and be-bopped out to water my potted plants and grabbed the mail.  The local weekly paper arrives on Thursdays so I scanned the headline about the high school football team and tossed it on the counter to read while I ate my lunch.  Below the fold was disturbing news.  An 8 year old child was removed from his home when neighbors flagged down an officer to report he was home alone.  The child allowed the policeman in, who found deplorable living conditions, filth, overflowing litter boxes etc.   The kid told the investigators he hadn't been outside since school was out for the summer.   The kid was taken to a foster home and the mother arrested.

This in itself was disturbing, I often wonder what the hell these people are thinking letting children live like this.  This case is even more so as I was acquainted with this mother and child.  The boy was in Igor's Cub Scout group for a while.  The child's attendance was spotty at best and his mother pulled him citing she couldn't bring him to meetings and didn't have money for the expenses.

Just goes to show you that one never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

1 comment:

Lin said...

It happens more than we care to know. So sad.