Thursday, September 3, 2015

Mini-Emergency

Last night while in a dead sleep I hear the dog making retching noises, I sling the covers off of me at the same time as Hubby who had evidently heard it too.  I begin yelling "RUN Callie!" As dog and underwear clad husband trot down the hall to the stairs and toward the outdoors.  Figuring it didn't require both of us to let the dog out to puke I went to the bathroom and crawled back into bed.  Hubby joined me soon and I inquired about the dog's health.  Hubby replied she'd never barfed and said "I think she was just snoring really loud".  What must the dog think?  I bet she thought the house was on fire or something.

School has started, thank the good Lord.  The boys were making a marathon sport of video games and pestering each other until blows were thrown.  Couple that with the fact I somehow acquired two neighborhood kids that find my house way more inviting than their own.  I don't mind one of the boys, he's polite, friendly, and seems to be a pretty good kid.  The other one is more than a little odd, rides over on his bike always carrying a foam sword and uses literally like a comma.

Football is in full force as well, seems several boys from the neighborhood are involved.  The kids had a scrimmage last weekend and kid originally at center was doing worse than poorly at the job. Sonny Boy was put in the position because he'd played the position for one game three years ago.  There wasn't really a game going, just snaps from both teams on each side of the ball facing several teams.  The last team the kid guarding my 85 lb child probably weighed in the 200 lb range and was at least 6 inches taller.  Sonny Boy was shoved aside like a wet Kleenex repeatedly.  Coach tag teamed the guard with Sonny Boy and another larger kid (this kid weighs in at 120) and they still had a hard time.  Thankfully he wasn't an aggressive player, doesn't really need to be I guess.  He must be a third year 6th grader.

I must really get moving.  The last couple of days I've spent painting in an effort to finish kitchen project finally.  Hubby has finished trim so now I'm under the gun to get paint on it.  While painting no other chores have gotten done and the house appears bomb like.  I envy people with maids.

No comments: