Thursday, April 24, 2014

Toss It

I guess I'm just not that sentimental.  Honestly, I see all things things on Pinterest about saving your kids artwork, school papers and so on and think "Really?"  I just don't see the purpose of saving all the crap crafts the boys make at school, church and scouts.  Currently I have an aluminum pie plate full of dirt sitting in the dining room window.  This somebody's idea of an Easter craft, there is supposed to be grass seed in there to sprout over the "tomb".  Of course it needed water daily and didn't get it, along with the fact the "tomb" collapsed a little on the way home from church.  I could have told that Sunday school genius it wasn't a good idea.

I really wonder how sentimental the kids are about stuff.  I know I have little to no attachment to most items from my childhood.  My mother saved a handful of baby clothes of mine, but I could care less about them, they are more her keepsakes than mine.  Sometimes the boys hesitate when told to toss some item or another and I'll let it go and be tossed around the house for a week or two, after that they lose interest and generally throw it out themselves.

I've been trying to toss things lately.  The giant hutch in the dining room has been cleaned out in an effort to sell it in prep for the kitchen remodel.  We've been shopping and arguing about details the last few weeks.  I have a refrigerator on the front porch and a vent hood insert on the way.  We have decided on a range and hopefully can get it ordered to arrive just as we need it.  The fridge was a clearance at a going out of business so it has to sit.  Now we are arguing about doors and soffits.  I guess we don't have anything important to talk about.  When we remodeled our first house years ago we learned remodeling is a trial on marriage and just argue for the sake of it.  I want a window in the door I can see out of - he does not.  Neither one of will budge, I imagine we will end up with a door both of us hate.

Things are going pretty well.  Sonny Boy had the rods removed from his leg about two weeks ago.  A few months earlier than expected but he is doing way better with physical therapy since.  The bone is healed well and he is not limited in activity as long he is not " skydiving" per the doctor.

I'm beginning to dislike my job.  My direct supervisor has a stick so far up her butt it's amazing.  She treats every mistake I make like its some personal insult to her.  You'd think we were handling life and death issues.  The job it's self is rather dull.  I like everyone else there and the little extra money is nice but sometimes the extra hassle dealing with the kids proves a burden.  I. Not even factoring in the mom and kid watching issues that are sure to arrive this summer.  Hubby has so far talked me down a few times from quitting but I'm beginning to absolutely dread going into work.  I'm lucky enough that I don't HAVE to work and I'm thinking its not worth the stress.  I keep thinking that the witch will lighten up and try to give her space but it hasn't improved.  As for hopes she'll quite, move, be fired that's hopeless as she's been there for years and years, though not in her present job.  One day she was so rude to me in front of another co worker that later the other worker told me she was floored.  I'm not gonna gripe more, like I said its not a HAVE to job, so I'm not gonna stress it.

Well it's late and I'm typing this on the tablet because my shoulder / neck hurts to bad to sit at real keyboard.

No comments: