Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Normal Life? Well sort of.

Into a somewhat "normal" rhythm now I think, I hope.

Sonny Boy's leg is mostly healed.  He still has a pretty significant limp and is going to physical therapy a couple of days a week but he is no longer using crutches or falling down for no apparent reason.  His knee still cramps up from time to time and gets sore when he's on his feet for a while but nothing out of reason.  The most odd thing is that his knee is hairy - like really hairy.  Sonny Boy proclaims that his knee is going into puberty before the rest of his body.  He will look a little odd this summer with one skinny hairy leg.  Otherwise he is given free reign by the orthopedic doctor.  Tomorrow we go back for a check but expect little issue.



Igor finally started violin lessons.  Tonight was his first lesson and I really like the teacher.  We will get him an instrument in the next couple of weeks.  I'll rent one as he's little and will need a smaller than full size.  Talk of music lessons and Sonny Boy being sent home with a recorder from school has him wanting lessons as well.  I don't know if I can squeeze another activity in for him as when he's busy, he's busy.  I'm hoping the urge will wear off.  I'm not against the lesson but another activity is going to take a hit in order to do it and I feel he needs the physical aspects of wrestling and football more.

Yesterday a girl rear ended Hubby on his way to work.  If he hadn't sent me pictures with the text I would have assumed it was an April Fool's prank.  Hubby was driving the truck which is out of the ordinary, but was a good thing as the car hit pretty hard, tearing up the bumper and hitch and possibly bending the frame a bit.  The girl's car - some sort of Volkswagon was torn up pretty badly.  Thankfully her insurance was paid up.  What a pain in the buttocks.  I'm really glad it was Hubby driving as I'd have never heard the end of it had it been me, regardless if it was my fault or not.  Hubby LOVES the new truck and the only reason I primarily get to drive it is the lack of fuel economy. 




Mom is busy being Mom.  Today I took her to the psychiatrist and went with her to tattle.  I've learned in the last few months that Mom hasn't exactly been straight forward with her doctors.  The shrink wants her to attend counseling which I think is a fantastic idea but she balked at that.  The doctor adjusted her meds and has her coming back in a few weeks, hopefully by then I will have her talked into counseling.  Tomorrow I take her to yet another doctor appointment to discuss the results of some tests on her bladder.  I hope something can be done as she doesn't empty her bladder totally and is rather incontinent.  I'm scared they will recommend surgery which I don't think is the best thing for her due to her general weakness.  I have also gotten her on the waiting list for the subsidized senior apartments that are across town.  It will be less handy to have her not right next door but the rent is fully half of what she pays now.  I also hope being in an apartment complex filled with people her age or older would be good for her socially.  I don't know, it certainly won't isolate her more than she is already.  There is a six month wait so nothing will happen soon on that front.

Me?  Well I feel like I'm running is several directions at once.  Leaping from fire to fire and not getting much accomplished.  Hubby took the boys to his mother's over spring break and I stayed home so I wouldn't miss any more work (I had missed two days earlier in the week due to stomach flu) and had a full four days home alone.  I purchased a bunch of junk food and gorged on Game of Thrones reruns.




 
Speaking of Game of Thrones it's sort of my latest geek obsession.  The new season starts on Sunday and I think we should have a party or something.  If you haven't watched the show go out and get the first season.  If you are offended by nudity, violence or sex you shouldn't watch it, certainly NOT a kids show but so good.  I haven't let the boys see it of course, but I bought a magazine with pictures in it and the kids looked it over good and Igor drew me a picture of dragons fighting.
 
Well the kids are off to bed and I'm off to park in front of more GOT.  They have all the seasons on HBO on demand.  It's the only reason I buy HBO.





No comments: