Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The living situation degrades further...

Sunday night while nuking the last bag of microwave popcorn in the house the microwave sparked inside the housing and went dead. Lovely. Hubby took a look at it and determined the microwave repairable but nervous about doing it as he found a high voltage wire burned it two and couldn't determine exactly why it had happened. Farewell old microwave, you've served me well. Honestly have had the microwave longer than Hubby as my mother purchased it for me for Christmas the first year I had my own apartment, well before I ever met Hubby. Last vestige of single life gone I guess. Currently we are not going to replace it due to uncertain future plans. Not a huge problem, I really only use the microwave to defrost things and the occasional Lean Cusine. The problem lies in that I usually do not decide what to cook for supper until late afternoon and generally things are still frozen. Gotta start planning ahead a little.

So if your keeping tally on the deterioation of Winnie's Litter living conditions since moving into this house I am minus the following conviences of life.

Dishwasher
a stove with 4 burners, current one has 3 that work and one of those just barely.
move of laundry into a basement that you need galoshes to go into
microwave
garbage disposal
second toliet
neighbors that pick up the trash in their yard
not living 50 yards from a RR crossing

The list goes on and on and on and on, you get the picture.

I nearly blew my top yesterday when I saw the mail run and I had none. You see I had the mail put on hold while we were out of town last week, it was supposed to resume delivery on Monday. It did not, so I figured it would show up Tuesday, it did not. I went to the post office and asked where my mail was and was told "We usually just hold it till someone comes and picks it up, it's just so hard to keep up with the start and stop dates" What??? I've lived in towns of 50 thousand people and had no problems when having my mail stopped and started, I've lived in towns of 10 thousand people, again no problems, but a town of 5 thousand can't keep track of when to stop and start a mail hold? You've got to be kidding me. At any given time I really doubt there are more than 10 people with mail on hold. Geesh!

1 comment:

Mom to Mine said...

That so sounds like our Post Office. They lost our adoption packet from our homestudy with ALL of our personal info in it, then miraculously "found" it when I showed up irate at the post office.