Thursday, June 3, 2010

Amazing Busy

Wow the last few days have been pretty crazy. Back up to last Wednesday which was the boy's last day of school. Both had little ceremonies to attend. Sonny Boy's was pretty low-key with just his teacher handing out his kindergarten diploma. Igor's teacher had the kids march in with mortar boards on and with Pomp and Circumstance playing from her I-pod. The kids sang a few songs and the teacher had put together a little slide/show movie of the kid's throughout the year that was very sweet and brought a few to tears, me included. I had my doubts about her at the beginning of the year but she has proven herself a competent teacher who really loves little kids. I wish her well as she is getting married this summer and then moving to the Seattle area as that is where her fiance is employed. Just as well that she is moving as the pre-school program is going to be non-existent here next year.

My mother came in Thursday to stay a few days and see the sights in St. Louis. She wanted to go the Zoo and the Arch. The zoo trip was kinda of like having a third child along and she's so out of shape she couldn't walk it. Honestly I'm not going to take her anywhere that requires lots of walking anymore as I all I heard about the rest of the weekend was how sore she was from simply walking at the zoo. I'm hear to tell you the walking included many bouts of sitting and resting. If she doesn't start getting off her couch and doing something she is going to be completely incapable of motion within the next 5 years.

Saturday I took mom into town as she wanted help shopping for a bathing suit. We all know how much fun that is to begin with. We were in Kohl's about 2 hours, she did buy some other clothes as well but she was done for the trip after that.

Sunday the tail end of the lingering cold I had been fighting reared it's ugly head and I wasn't good for much of anything, Monday either for that. Tues I woke up still feeling horrible and with such a sore throat I couldn't swallow so I called the Dr's office and begged them to squeeze me in. They did and it turned out the be the mother of all sinus infections. Some good advice to take Advil instead of Tylenol for the sore throat (that really made a big difference) and a Rx for some antibiotics had me on my feet today just in time to drive back into the city and have Igor's new orthopedic inserts fitted to his new shoes. On the way home I stopped with boys at Cohokia Mounds and went through the visitor center and watched their little info film. Interesting but I'm glad I didn't make a special trip for it. I will admit that is the biggest Indian mound I've ever seen.

Sonny Boy is going strong in his machine pitch baseball league. His team keeps getting beat but the kids are all pretty young and honestly sometimes I feel they are being matched against much older and experienced teams and that hardly seems fair. Hubby is determined to see him get a good at bat and has been hunting around for batting cages and is purchasing bats and equipment.

Igor is doing fine but just can't believe he's out of school for a while yet. He is still drawing pictures for his teacher and stuffing them in his backpack as gifts for her. I never get to keep any of them, though on occasion I get something he makes at school.

Well I really must get to bed, it's 12:30 am, a thunderstorm is blasting away outside and the kids will of course be up super early in the am.

2 comments:

David&Monica said...

need a break? want to drop the kids off for a sleep over?

Winnie said...

I might, Hubby was missing your TV when we were watching hockey the other night, "we gotta go over there so we can actually see the puck" or something to that effect I think he was also mumbling that your cable has VS too. I'll catch up with you later, ball games and vacation have us running the next couple of weeks.