Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Morning Nightmare

I'm thinking that the people who decided to take two weeks off in the middle of the school year did/do not have a kid that needs a strict routine. The last couple of mornings have been terrible getting Sonny Boy out the door without a screaming fit by all involved. Curse the long vacation, while it was nice to sleep in and not have to rush out the door it wiped out all progress we had made with a routine being followed with a minimum of goofing around. I'm wondering if the DS was purchased all for naught as Sonny Boy has been restricted from it's use the last two days for his behavior in the morning. The stink is that tomorrow I'm guessing will be a snow day so we'll be starting all over again and wipe out any progress made the last two days of school.
This picture was taken the day of the Christmas program at school. What a hassle to watch the Sonny Boy sing three little songs I couldn't hear and watch Igor spin in circles. I think he was a little overwhelmed by a gym full of people, however he didn't really freak out so I consider it a win and honestly he wasn't anymore distracted than all the other preschool kids.

I was practicing the birthday cake for father-in-law a couple of days ago. I purchased a 3D duck shaped cake pan for the endevour, however it's a rubber ducky pan and my plan was make a mallard duck, therefore I wanted to carve on the rubber duck cake to give it more mallard shape.
I did carve on this cake duck, but I don't think he really resembles the real duck in the background, but he did gain more of a neck. Since he was a practice duck I then just frosted him with some chocolate icing and put a couple of candies for eyes. So we could eat him.


Hubby came home from work and pronounced it a Coot which opens a whole new realm of possiblities for a birthday cake.

The weather here, as in most of the country is miserable cold. Not out of the realm for Wisconsin but unusual for here and there is no snow. At least when there is snow it covers the ugly. Also by this not being a "cold" area the kids are not allowed outside to play when it's under 20 degrees so the kids are literally bouncing off the walls by the end of the school day. For the record Sonny Boy's preschool cutoff in WI was 0. However I will say I trudged boots, snowpants, hats, gloves etc off to school with him and that was a major pain. Here we don't do that. I'm torn which I prefer. I also think most kids in the area don't have all the gear which is prerequisite for a WI winter and also impossible to find a good selection past October.

Well I suppose that's all for now, I must get my rear in gear and get prepared for the snow storm in a good southern girl fashion, you know you must go to the grocery and stock up on bread and milk before a snow! Regardless if you need them or not - but I do need bread and milk just bad timing, I hope the rush on the grocery store is way south thing and not here.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Winnie,

Carol at Riverwood in Burlington here. Would you please email me your new address at

carol@riverwood.net

so we can send you a 2009 contribution statement?

Hope all is well. I enjoy looking at your blog. Hi to all the "boys!"

Regards,
Carol