Monday, August 3, 2009

Just a quick note.

We have moved. We are now Illinois residents, near St. Louis. Moving was a fiasco but we had lots of help from friends and family who saved the days - notice that was plural?

I'll write more about the adventure in a few days, quite frankly I'm surprised I know where the computer is right now as we had to hunt for the washing machine hoses for over an hour tonight.

Just want to send out a special shout out thanks to our church

Riverwood Community Church, you guys really came through. Rich, David, Shawna, Kaye and Carol you really rolled up your sleeves jumped right in and kept me from just sitting down and being totaly overwhelmed. We will really miss Riverwood and hope to find a new church home that has the same spirit and welcoming atmosphere.

Megan, thanks for the marathon road tripping to come and visit all the playgrounds in B-town with the kids. We couldn't have done it without you and knowing they were in good hands was a real load off of our minds. Monica, thanks for taking the kids to the zoo, and keeping them entertained while we dug through the boxes and put our beds together. David, thanks for driving all the way to our new town to do manual labor- sorry I didn't get there in time with the beer. I also want to thank the guys from Hubby's job who came over to unload the truck in what must have been record time. I didn't get to meet you but I hope to soon. Thanks goes out to Greg, his daughter Sarah and Scotty B for all of your hard work packing and loading as well. I think I got everybody, but if I didn't don't be offended, I'm a little overwhelmed right now.

Well at the risk of sounding like I won an academy award I'll quit. This was probably the most difficult move I've encountered so far in my adult life. TONS of stuff, no motivation and SNAFU's with rental trucks added to the stress. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have things somewhat in order and we can eat a meal that doesn't either come from a sack or have lunchmeat as a main ingredient.

No comments: