Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WE ARE HOME!!!

We landed at O'Hare around 4:30 pm yesterday. After a grueling day of flying and having documents checked everytime we went through a line we got home. Igor was a gem with only a few minor meltdowns which can be expected at his age.

Sonny Boy has grown four inches I swear and gained 10 pounds. The dog is also quite big now and didn't remember me when we got into the yard so she barked at me and then peed everywhere ( she's in a stranger anxiety phase)

Thanks for everyone's postings, I didn't know I was getting so many peeks. I'll post more in the next few days as I'm at the exhausted level today and just trying to find my car keys and toothbrush have been trying experiences, not mention a jet lagged and scared toddler to deal with.

Winnie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Welcome HOME!!! I bet you just couldn't hug Sonny Boy enough. That must have been SO hard for you to be away from him that long. What a satisfied longing of your heart to have your two sons together in your own home. Sweet!!

-P

Anonymous said...

Congrats and Welcome Home, I remember the journey through OHare. Try to get your rest you will have many days with Igor and son now that you are home for good.

FRUA Friend,
Newmom2 Lisa

Kathy and Matt said...

Welcome home!

It's an exhausting trip. Hope you can get caught up on some sleep this week.

Congratulations!

Nataliya said...

Congratulations and welcome home!!!

Susan & Truman said...

Congrats! I just found your blog this week that is why I haven't commented until now. We are also planning on leaving from Chicago - what airline did you use?

Kris said...

Welcome home!!!!!! Congrats on your new family, I am sure SOnny boy was sight for sore eyes. We were only gone a week and I couldn't believe how much Alek had changed. Such an amazing feeling to have your boys together!!!!

Michelle said...

Welcome home!! Glad your flights went okay. I can totally relate to feeling lost!

junglemama said...

Welcome home! Congrats on your new son!

Kevin and Krista said...

Congratulations to you and your family! I am sure it is great to be home. I know it is not an easy time to adopt from Ukraine right now. Thank you for sharing the ups and downs of your journey.

:) Krista

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Welcome home, and big congrats to your family!