Friday, April 4, 2008

And the days drag on and on and on and on and on...

The days are blur and we are continually asking each other what day of the week it is as there is really no distinction to us other than the faces change at the orphanage as people rotate in their work schedule. At least at home you have the variety of different TV shows, different work schedules and other weekly things to help keep your calendar in order.

The saga of the playroom continues today as it appears that the last ones out did not clean up behind themselves or something managed to get torn up. We are not sure what the exact situation is but it appears punishment is being doled out to the international couples as we were not allowed into the playroom this pm even though therapy was not in session. I called my translator and she found out the above info, she is going to talk to them again tomorrow and see how we might correct the situation. Things are terribly crowded here as three of the five couples in process have brought their older children along as well, and they are typical kids that have been cooped up too long. The weather is also not cooperative as it’s rainy and rather cool to be outside or we’d just go out.

I’m rather peeved at the playroom situation as I was hoping to use this time for Igor to get more comfortable with me so when he does leave the orphanage it’s not so traumatic for him. However it’s very hard to get a toddler’s attention when there are three young boys running about, five kids from the orphanage (three of these are in his groupa) and ten adults. I don’t really expect any real bonding to occur at this time, I just want him to feel comfortable with me. Maybe my translator can work something out tomorrow. If not I feel the length of my visits are going to shorten dramatically as I can’t take all the chaos. I’m super glad there are just a few more days to go before we can actually tuck him under an arm and run.

Our official court decree goes into effect on Sunday. However we will leave him at the orphanage a couple of more days while we get birth certificates and passports. My translator's plan is to grab him and run for the train. I can see her point as it's less moving around. Also since we are staying in a TINY hotel room there isn't much room for a little guy nor facilities to deal with him like cribs etc. Hopefully we will be able to run with him soon as I've had enough of the crazy orphanage rules. ( that's a whole 'nother post)

winnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're almost to the finish line--hang in there! There's nothing we can say to make it easier for you, but we're the spectators on the sides of the race cheering you and Igor on. You guys are going to be terrific together, and time (and privacy) for bonding will come. I look at that sweet picture of you, your husband, and Sonny Boy on your page and picture Igor with you at *HOME*. Soon!
(I know--not soon enough, but soon) :-)

Hey, can you encourage another?
http://zimnesfamily.blogspot.com/
Steve and Shirley have been in Kiev for a whole *month* now after 2 failed referrals--waiting (endlessly) for a 3rd referral. And *then* they have the whole process you're going through after that.

Thanks so much for your posts and sharing this very long journey (and cramped visitations) with us! :-)

-P.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Hang in there! You might actually reminisce on this time and wish you were so bored! :) The last leg is a quick and exhausting one. Will pray for strength for you and cooperation for Igor! God Bless!