Monday, June 23, 2014

Up All Night

I haven't been doing well lately.  I finally managed to taper off the meds the not so ethical TMJ doc put me on.  The bummer is that the reason I was started on those meds is back full force.  Nothing like clenching your teeth together as hard as possible for hours at a time to make you feel good.  Honestly, try it.  Clench your back teeth together as hard as you possible can - count to 10, release.  That is what I do all night.  Yes I have a night guard, and I probably wouldn't have teeth without it, but I just chomp down on that.  I wake up 4 or 5 days a week with at least a moderate headache and feel like somebody has punched me in the face repeatedly.  On good days I can drug away the pain and start to feel OK by noon, but often not much helps.  Somedays the pain finally starts to fade by late evening.  When I finally start to feel better I don't really want to rush into bed to start the cycle over again, even though I'm rather sleepy.  Hence Up All Night.

Seems as though my blood pressure is sky rocketing as well.  I was standing in line at the pharmacy the other day and for grins I thought I would sit down at the little blood pressure thing and try it out.  My blood pressure was screaming high.  I came home and found Hubby's blood pressure cuff and took my BP after resting a bit, it was still high.  I've been taking my BP at different times of  day and its still really high.  I'm recording it for the doctor and will call to try to try and get a quick appointment in the next day or so.

I've been googling and I found a med I want to try and see if it helps with the clenching issues.  I hope the doctor will write me a scrip to try it.  I guess she'll write me one for blood pressure med too. Maybe if I can get the crazy clenching under control the blood pressure will come down on its own.

In other news... Mom has an electrophysiology study this week.  Hopefully they can find the cause of these fainting epiosodes and she can start driving again.  The kitchen has stalled with the installation of a window that was significantly smaller than we anticipated and the need to reorder, and install again.  We don't even want to discuss the cost factor.  The boys are living at the swimming pool.  Work sucks.

Well, I should go to bed and start the pain cycle over.  It's 1:00am and I should try the dr's office and see if I can get in early in the morning before I go into work.

What a whiney post.  Just drivel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a jaw-clencher, too! Ugh! I hope that you find something that works....and that the stress in your life can become manageable!!!!