Thursday, August 8, 2013

Whirlwind Summer

I'm having a hard time believing we are well into August already.  The summer has flown by at an extreme rate this year.  I can hardly believe it.

July was busy.  Hubby and I dumped the kiddos with their Grandma and Aunt and went out to the Pacific Northwest for a week.  It was a great vacation.  Our rental car was upgraded from cheapest available to a Mercedes with 250 miles on it.  What a car!  We saw snow capped mountains, Crater Lake, Whitewater rafted

I am in black sleeves and a yellow helmet, Hubby is the bald guy in the bright yellow shirt.  Rafting was a blast, Hubby declared the best part was the squealing noises I made as I was hit with face full of 55 degree water. 

The Oregon coast was beautiful but wicked cold.  I don't think that was unusual either as we were told we were there on a nice day!  We visited relatives and I met the last of numerous cousins of Hubby's I'd never met before.

Coming home I got the camper ready and Hubby and Sonny Boy went to EAA in Osh Kosh, WI  for a couple of days, came home, I packed them again and they went to Cub Scout camp for two days.  I'm tired of packing for camping I don't get to go on!

This week swim lessons for Igor started as well as football practice for Sonny Boy.  Just that in it's self is a lot.

The big news is I'm now gainfully employed.  I won't be rolling in the dough by any means but the job just dropped in my lap.  I was in the library back in July and I was practically shoved an application to come be a shelver.  I'll mostly work while the kids are in school which works out really well.  I start in a couple of weeks, currently they are running background checks and I go into the clinic for a physical and drug testing in just a few minutes.

Busy, Busy, Busy.  It's good though.  Possibly some big things on the horizon and I'm hoping that pans out.  It could be one heck of an adventure.  Hopefully will know if it come to fruition in a couple of months.






3 comments:

Lin said...

Hey, sounds like things are turning around for the good!! Glad to see you happy, my friend!

David&Monica said...

heading back to UK?

Winnie said...

Nope Monica, not to Ukraine or anything else that requires a home study.