Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Glimmer

Well hopefully we might be seeing some improvement in things around here.  I'm saying this optimistically.

The nightmare with FIL crazy live-in should come to a close soon.  She has promised to be out by the 17th, if she is not we have already contacted an attorney to get her thrown out.  Every time we talk about it we all get angry because she has all these "rights" to property that is not hers by any means be it lease or deed.  Either way that drama will likely be over with in the next couple of weeks and we can start really cleaning up FIL's place and put it up for sale.

Hubby and I sat Mom down for a heart to heart the other night.  I didn't say anything new, but Hubby was involved in it which was and for some reason when Mom hears something from him it's no longer me nagging but is heard at least somewhat.  We basically said she has to get out of the house for some amount of time - I offered up 6 hours a week - doing SOMETHING - because it was totally unhealthy for her to go weeks at a time without leaving.  I also offered up she needs to dress daily and do some walking.  When I went to the library on Monday to check out some books I asked the librarian if they had any volunteer jobs Mom could do. She was super excited to have Mom come clip coupons and file them.  The library clips all the coupons from the many newspapers they get, and puts them in a file for the people in the community to use. They have stacked up for weeks as they don't have time or a volunteer to get it done.  I came home with this information and the afternoon book club book.  Mom went yesterday to talk to them and came home rather excited because they were super nice and glad to have the help.  Thank God.  Maybe clipping coupons will give her some way to feel needed in the world if she has that silly little job to go to.  So now I have at least two hours of the house all to myself!!!  I might have a party, or just pay bills if I can ever get the bank website up.

Wrestling season came to an end.  Sonny Boy did better than expected at the regional tournament defeating his first opponent, however he was beaten the next two rounds and was out.  Weigh - in was the night before and when we got there he was .4 lb from the lower weight bracket, in hopes of giving him a little edge we dressed him in Igor's jacket, his own jacket, and my jacket and he ran laps around the gym for 45 minutes.  Yeah not the healthiest way to drop weight, nor really something I wanted to teach him. We have always just let him wrestle at whatever he weighed in at, but we knew competition would be fierce, and being at the top end of the weight bracket does give a bit of advantage.  Now I'm looking into summer camps, just got an email from a parent who wants to get a group together to attend a camp, it's rather expensive, especially compared to a camp at a nearby university campus.  The hitch is that is a rather prestigious camp that has a good reputation, so we'll see if the team discount and a commuter discount (I'll take the camper and stay nearby) will make it something we can do.

The dishwasher is still out of order.  The repairman came on Tuesday and said the motor was shot, he didn't have a replacement motor in stock so it is on order and he will be back next Thursday.  Yay, another week of hand washing dishes.

The head cold I struggled through last week passed on to Hubby who battled it a couple of days.  The kids seemed to have missed it, but yesterday the dog started coughing.  My resident Internet vet (Hubby) declared she has "Kennel Cough" and that it will clear on it's own.  The worst part is she coughs so hard she starts gagging and pukes up a little.  Nice.  So now when she starts a spell we all run for the door in hopes she gets outside in time.  Today she seems a bit better, but yesterday was rough on her,  Igor was concerned and wanted to take her to the vet immediately and to be honest he's not even that in love with her.  For now I'm feeding her small amounts of food at a time and the kids have been ordered to leave her alone so she can rest as the coughing seems to start up when she gets excited playing.

My 39th birthday is looming very near.  To be honest I don't really care, but I do.  Why?  I don't really know, I still get carded when I buy liquor at the grocery store, but then again they say they card anybody who looks under 40.  Like the saying goes, it's better than the alternative!

I wish spring would get here.  I have some daffodils that are trying to poke up in the bed by the back door (that bed is always very early as it is pretty sheltered) however I'm still looking at a fair amount of snow in the yard and it's spitting snow as I type.  March is always the time I get really sick of Wisconsin winter and yearn for Arkansas's early spring.

Blah, I'm going to see if I can get my bills paid now.  Double Blah.


1 comment:

Lin said...

Whatever you do, don't refer to your mom's new job as "silly" or "little!" That will discourage her from going!! Pump her up and keep pushing how she is "helping" the library and the community--that will keep her going.

Hope all went well with wrestling. Hard to believe that season is over already. Time flies, eh?

They don't give dogs anything for kennel cough? That doesn't sound right. Did you look it up on the internet? Poor dog. :(

39 is nuthin'--I'm turning 50 this year! 50!! But I still feel 29--how can this be?? I think the 40's were the best years--okay, so things start falling apart--it's still a good decade when you get there.