Saturday, August 11, 2012

Whole house mess.

Ever notice how doing one project simply takes over the house?  Do than in the kitchen and you might as well give up doing much of anything else until the project is over.

The before of our kitchen.  Please note we had already moved a lower cabinet and a small upper cabinet that was squeezed in between the range and chimney before we thought "Maybe we should take a picture".


In the process of the mess.   Remember we had already worked this chimney through the attic, an upstairs closet and over halfway down this room before getting to this point.

Of all the bragging I can do about my kids I am confident Igor will make it well in this world.  Not from some wonderful inborn talent (though that could still show up) but from the shear fact the kid is the hardest worker I have ever met.  He's always right in the middle of any project or chore wanting to know how he can help, how to do something and jumping in and working hard at any task you give him. 

Watch the video, ignore the title.  I can't type on my phone very well, and I forgot about the turning the  phone business so tilt your head or your monitor.



I swear the kid works harder than Hubby and I at anything.  Many times I have to tell him "Quit working and GO PLAY!"  While tearing bead board off the wall is a really cool task, he's as equally excited about running the shop vac, or cleaning the bathroom.  Go figure.

Anyway, I better get back to work before Hubby yells calls me again to help.  I kind of snuck out of work to post the video and pictures.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Don't fight it! Kids like to help when they are given cool tasks--the ones that show actual progress and really help the project. Finding them is the tough part, though. And most times it's easier to give them dumb jobs like sweeping. That's when they don't want to help anymore.

Good kids, you've got there! You should be very proud!