Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A post! With pictures Even! Woo Hoo

A few weeks ago, before the whole scheme to go south and clean up the "scary refrigerator of rotteness" I made reservations at a nearby state park to camp over Easter weekend. I know, I know, how very pagan of me, but the whole idea of dressing up and going to church sounded just miserable and since the weather here in WI has been unseasonably warm we've had the itch just terrible.

With reservations made, camper pulled out storage and de-winter-ized and stocked we were ready to go. Hubby took this pic on arrival as the people who had our camping spot before us didn't depart until 15 minutes before check out. Honestly it didn't really matter as we had some misunderstandings with the water and ended up filling the water tanks with a big jug and hand pump!


Here's a nice shot of our gas guzzling, gypsy wanna be rig as she sits. Yes, we are that camper that can't get above 45 on the uphill grades that you cuss at.
While camping we saw and heard sandhill cranes constantly. SE Wisconsin's version of a loon I suppose. We were pretty close to these, this picture while zoomed in fully with my measly camera is not cropped at all.
Of course every camping trip involves marshmallow roasting. The weather didn't cooperate all that much. There was a cold wind most of the time and it spit rain early on the second evening we were there.
The second night we were there I awoke in the night to a HORRIBLE migraine, it honestly felt like someone was splitting my head open with a hatchet. I immediately found my migraine meds and then started puking 15 minutes later. Needless to say I didn't keep them down long enough to do any good. The fun part was I was trapped in that little tiny camper bathroom - so little it's impossible to even sit on the floor and was just miserable. After about an hour of hoping this has got to get better - and several more spells of inspecting the camper toilet way more closely than I wanted to, I made the decision for Hubby to drive me to the hospital. Google told us the nearest hospital was only about 10 minutes closer than our hometown so we opted for home and a hospital that has my records and our house five blocks away. I puked All. The. Way. There. Hubby drove like a bat, I have no idea how long it took him to do the normally 45 minute trip, but I just kept hoping we didn't meet up with any suicidal deer on the road at 2 am. Hubby got me into the hospital and thankfully there wasn't any spectacular cases in front of me and I was doped up pretty quickly, observed for a while and was told to go stay in a quiet dark room for the rest of the day. Since home was close, I came home, took a shower to wash the camp smell off of me and crawled into my delightful bed and slept til noon, woke up, ate, took more migraine meds and slept until 3:00 pm when Hubby, Mom and the kids got home.
I missed Easter again this year. However, at least Hubby didn't sleep through it and the kids hunted eggs in the camp site and got their Easter baskets.


We've been having trouble on and off with our dishwasher for a month or two now. Hubby has fooled with it, replaced some minor parts here and there and we finally gave up.
This is Hubby installing the new dishwasher last night at 9:30. It's purring away right now as I peck away at the keys.
Tomorrow we leave for the Arkansas trip. I'm really not amused, but I'm trying to keep my calm. I keep telling myself to "breathe"

1 comment:

Lin said...

Bummer camping trip! :( I hope you have a little bit of fun on the next adventure. And no headaches!