Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Holidays....

The TMJ headaches are giving me a breather the last couple of days. THAT I am thankful for particularly since I woke up on Sunday morning curled in a ball and telling Hubby he should really just go get his shotgun. I think if I was a dog he would have. I survived through the miracle of modern drugs and some help from Hubby - he actually had to pick me up out of the bathtub and put some PJ's on me. It was bad. I did live however to make it to the second appointment with the new TMJ doc. He evaluated me and said "yes you do have TMJ disorder" WOW, no shit Sherlock, I told you that. The then marshaled me into another room to present me with what it would cost for treatment. After I saw the figure I knew then why they moved me away from the other patients. OMG!! Anyway they told me it would be 6-10 weeks before we knew if insurance would pay or not. There is NO WAY I can go that long without some treatment so I told them I would pay out of pocket and pray that the insurance pays at least some portion of the horrendous bill. I may make that medical tax deduction after all this year. Yeah (sarcasm font)

Thanksgiving went well. I cooked and had a nice meal on the table. I put the whole turkey on the table to take the "Norman Rockwell" shot before shuttling back into the kitchen for carving, and then back into the oven. The turkey wasn't done, and then when we declared it done it was overdone. That's the last time I try to cook a turkey without an oven bag.


We went to the local Christmas parade. It was cooold. We happened to sit in front of the house that was hosting Santa and Mrs. Claus on their porch. I took the picture with my camera phone and frankly it just stinks. Igor was super excited to talk to Santa and has made me promise to take him to see him at his "house" that is set up in the town square this weekend.



Yesterday in my quest to get chores done while I'm upright I decided a photography session was in order for the Christmas cards. If you get one, it will be adorned with the above picture. The following are some of the reject shots. I thought they were funny and thought you might get a giggle too. Boy am I glad I didn't have to pay to have film developed to see these.


Not too bad if it was in focus, Sonny Boy would smile better and Igor's tonsils were not visible.



All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth! (and a flattering picture)





Bad photographer or fast kid? I'm not sure.




My next career will not be photographing children!


2 comments:

Lin said...

I like the shot you chose--it's really sweet. :) Getting good shots of your kids doesn't get any easier--I still have to dig through a year's worth of photos to find a nice one of my son. He's off at college now, so I can't just plop him on the sofa to take a shot. Ugh. Maybe that's a sign I need to stop sending photos of my kids each year.

I wonder if the cat would be easier?

Winnie said...

@ Lin, the cat would be easier, but stick with the kids or generic cards with snowmen from Target. People might think your a crazy cat lady if you sent pictures out of Hobbes, besides he doesn't look as if he's the type of cat you can put in a Santa suit!