Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wishing things would settle down...

Gosh I feel like I'm in a dead run lately and I get nothing accomplished. I'm hoping things will settle now as the weather cools.

Thursday was a running day and had my blood pressure skyrocketing. The day started with dropping Sonny Boy at school a little early to the community room so I could get a head start to Children's Hospital of St. Louis as the last trip there was a nightmare. This time I got a 10 minute head start which didn't matter anyway as traffic was fine and we were 20 minutes early. After exam and dilation Igor was written a Rx for even stronger glasses. Poor guy is wearing coke bottles as it is, the new ones are going to be worse. Anyhow to top the need for new glasses the doctor wants to put Igor under anesthesia for a closer look at his eyes as he's worried about retinal tears and he can't get a good look without manipulating the eye, can be done in adult but kids won't stand for it so we are scheduled for that after Christmas for that procedure. While at the appointment the eye doctor said to go to X for Igor's new glasses as they are the best at young children's glasses. Thinking I had plenty of time and I was most of the way there anyway I started for the optical shop. My wonderful GPS though wouldn't cooperate and kept trying to make me get on an interstate that was closed. Aggravated I stopped at a gas station and bought an old fashioned map and found my way there.

At the optical shop the guy starts adding things up and asks about my insurance, well I had never been given anything on it with the new job (evidently Hubby had) and I had no idea if the place was covered under our insurance, so the man took all of our info and figured out that the new glasses for Igor would cost somewhere near $400 without insurance. WOW, so we put things on hold and Igor and I head home. I start heading home a different direction because the guy at the shop told me to go that way, the GPS was even telling me to go that way so that direction I go and soon run into a traffic jam and was inching along, I maybe move 1/2 mile in 30 minutes or so, I'm starting to sweat getting back to Kornfield, IL by 3:00 to pick up Sonny Boy as we inch along, and inch along and could not reach Hubby who had been warned he might have to play back-up for me but he wasn't answering his phone, so I then called the school and warned them I would be late. The lady who I spoke to asked me "how late are you going to be?" well I don't know, I don't know where I'm at and I'm sitting dead still! Well things finally got moving, my GPS kept telling me to make a left into concrete divider walls and I somehow managed to get us back to Kornfield only 30 minutes late picking up Sonny Boy. I will say the ole min-van had never been driven quite like that before.

The next day I checked the vision insurance out and we discovered that the little optical shop here in town was in their network so I drove the 1/2 block down to the store and ordered the frames I want and discussed what it would cost, significantly less that the $400 at the other shop thanks to insurance. It will be a couple of weeks before the glasses are ready and all, but for the price difference Igor will have to make due with his current glasses and it's not like he knows there are better glasses in the world anyway.

Hubby has taken on building a closet in our bedroom, yes there is no closet in our bedroom and I have been living out of hanging wardrobe boxes since we moved in. Today he got all the framing in and hopefully the drywall and the rest will be in by the end of next weekend. It will be nice to get rid of all the boxes that are still stacked around that by rights should be in a closet. I dread the drywall mess as there is really no way to avoid all that dust, just clean it up when it's over I suppose.

Fri and Sat we have spent the evenings burning brush that has been trimmed around the yard so we all smell like smoke but the yard looks much better.

Well I suppose I should get off my rear and put away laundry and such and I'd like to curl up with my book - finally got my turn at the new Dan Brown book The Lost Symbol, looks like it might be interesting but I'm only about 4 chapters into it and the chapters are short.

No comments: