Thursday, October 29, 2009

Not as young as I used to be

Earlier in the week I went out to the aforementioned horse farm and worked out a schedule with them. The owner is really nice lady, and has experience with attachment challenged kids, adopted a teenager in round about way and a former grade school teacher. We worked out a schedule where I'll go a couple of mornings a week to work and the best part is she has no issues with Igor tagging along. So this a.m. I dropped Sonny Boy at school and Igor and I went to the barn to clean stalls. Igor had fun playing with a cat and running around while I cleaned stalls. Uff da my arms are going to be sore tomorrow as it's been a few years since I've cleaned stalls and it took me a couple of stalls to get my process back, believe it or not there is a method to shoveling poop. It will be good though. I will work for a couple of weeks to bank some time for my riding lessons and to give my cranky knee a rest before getting in the saddle.

I went to the doctor about the cranky knee earlier in the week and he deduced it was a mild sprain and said to go easy on it. Like that's really possible - who's gonna do the laundry? Anyway I'll mind my manners with it for a few weeks and see what happens. In the meantime I will try to be delicate with it as much as possible but I tend to forget and do dumb things like lean against a door frame on that leg while I put on my other shoe.

We went up to the old house to get a load of junk last weekend all in one day. Most of the day was spent in the car with a brief interlude at the old house. We left at 9:00 am and got back home at 2:00 am the next morning. The kids did well all things considered but I was ready for murder by the time we got in the van for the trip home. Tomorrow I will drive up to return the trailer we borrowed, sleep at the old house (there is a mattress there my father-in-law is due to pick up) and drive back. Hubby will stay with the kids, it will be a mini-vacation for me as I don't think I've been alone that long in years. It's bittersweet seeing the place empty now, but it makes it somewhat easier because it doesn't feel near so much like home.

Saturday is Halloween of course. We have plans with The Flying Eagle to go to her house and hang out, trick or treat and likely spend the night. The boys are excited to see her son (also a Ukie) and wear their costumes. Today the kids wore their costumes to school. Sonny Boy is an astronaut and Igor is stuck with an old soldier outfit hand-me-down. I'll post pics whenever they have them on at the same time. The kids Halloween parties had them revved up when I picked them up from school, but Igor was ready for a nap as he'd had a big day with going to the barn too so he was easily coaxed into bed for a nap which will make us all happier this evening.

I suppose I should get off my rear and do something now instead of staring at this time wasting screen.

1 comment:

David&Monica said...

we had so much fun! see you guys again soon!