Monday, December 8, 2008

Merry Christmas

I know it's a little early for season's greetings, however at the frantic pace life is going at right now the opportunity to actually blog before Christmas looks terribly slim.
I see the schedule terribly booked every weekend up until Christmas and I have only purchased one gift for the boys! This last weekend was devoted to the civic organization I belong to. I didn't really intend to spend all weekend working or attending functions however it seemed everything fell into place on one weekend. Friday night was the town Christmas parade that I had chaired the float comittee on so we met early and assembled the float that Hubby and I had accumulated the items from here and there from. The float turned out really cute but OH BOY was it cold somewhere between 10-15 degrees for the parade. Sonny Boy gave up and rode in the cab of the truck instead of on the float! Of course I forgot the camera and the only picture that exist is on someone's blackberry. Early Sat I drove north with fellow members for officer training at the tail end of a 2 inch snow, it was a little dicey at times but we made it. I spent the night and attended the installation banquet of the state officers and we stayed out way too late. The next morning we dragged into town just in time for the shopping spree we sponsor where we take needy kids shopping so they can purchase gifts for their family members. I'm about pooped with group but I still have a meeting tomorrow night and some Magic Show thing I'm in charge of to handle in a couple of weeks and our local installation banquet to plan in late January. Me thinks I signed up for too much right at the holidays. Hubby was a trooper and handled the kids all weekend, although I came home to an empty fridge.
One of the things on my many itemed list for the holidays is to get a decent pic of the boys for our holiday card. We took these while we were visiting family over Thanksgiving.





Somehow I don't think any of these say Merry Christmas, but I'm tempted to put them all on one card anyway as it might be quite funny. I think I may have one more shot this weekend if can get my act together and dress the kids to go see Santa in the Chalet they have here in town. It's a nice little thing town does and you can take all the pics you want with Santa and not stand in line or pay the outrageous prices that the mall charges. Perk of living in a small town.

Eli's now going to a little group speech therapy thing now once a week. It's like a condensed preschool for two year olds in one hour. I hope it helps his speech start to catch up as he's getting pretty frustrated at times. Besides that I'd like to know if he's spitting out the rice because he thinks it taste bad or if he's just spitting it out.

Anyhow I must get back to circus show called house chores with a two and five year old running wild at the same time. Merry Christmas to all in blog land!

No comments: